Air force is the military branch of the country that conducts aerial warfare, and its functions are different from Army, Navy and marine corps. The important part of any country, Air Force plays an important role in maintaining the security of the country like other forces, but the Air Forces consist of a combination of bombers, helicopters, fighter planes, transport planes, and other aircraft. Moreover, Air forces are majorly responsible for operations of the military space, ICBM Intercontinental ballistic missiles and communications. Every country has their Air Force, which helps them in creating deterrence to other nations, as youngest of all the services Air forces, In its more than 65 years of existence, has become the world's premier aerospace force. Its mission simply put is to defend the nation through the control and exploitation of air and space. Therefore, here we have the top 10 strongest Air Forces of the world.
- Owns the largest number of warplanes in the world which almost equals to the rest of the world put together.
- Most technologically advanced air forces in the world.
- It was founded on 11 September 1947, with the motto No One Comes Close.
- As of 2012, the service operates more than 5,638 aircraft, 450 ICBMs and 63 satellites.
- It has a $140 billion budget with 332,854 active duty, 185,522 civilian, 71,400 Air Force Reserve, and 106,700 Air National Guard personnel.
- It has been involved in many wars, conflicts using military air operations.
- Members of USAF are very health conscious & adopt physical fitness assessment.
- The U.S. Air Force provides air support for surface force and aids in the recovery of troops.
- Founded after the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991-92 and soon became one of the strongest air forces in the world.
- Some practical combat experience had been gained in participating in the Spanish Civil War, and against Japan in the far-east.
- In the 1980s, it had deployed approximately 10,000 aircraft and at the beginning of 1990s, the Soviet Union had an air force that in terms of quantity and quality fulfilled superpower standards.
- It operates more than 3,000 strategic bombers, 4500 fighter planes like the MiG-29 Fulcrum, MiG-25 Foxbat.
- It has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frogfoot and Su-17 Fitter.25 Foxbat.
- It has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frogfoot and Su-17 Fitter.
- The Israeli Air Force "Air and Space Arm", commonly known as "Air Corps".
- It was founded on 28 May 1948, shortly after Israel d its Independence.
- It consisted of 25 Avia S-199s which were purchased from Czechoslovakia and 62 Supermarine Spitfire.
- It has a very large fleet of modern aircrafts - many of which are specially designed to meet the requirements of IAF.
- Looking at the history, this air force had repeatedly exhibited its power to knock down its opponents.
- It had always remained alert and have been ready for any possible attacks.
- The fourth largest air force in the world with approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,500 aircrafts.
- It was officially established on 8 October 1932.
- Military Schools and Sainik Schools were founded to broaden the recruitment base of the Defence Forces.
- The President of India Pranab Mukherjee serves as the ex-officio Commander-in-Chief of the IAS.
- Best equipped air force across the world along with professional standards.
- It had been involved in several wars, one with neighboring Pakistan and one with the People's Republic of China.
- During the Kargil War of 1999, It had provided close air support to the Indian Army with the use of helicopters.
- RAF is the oldest air force of the world which is renowned for its strategic bombing.
- One of the most technologically sophisticated and capable air forces in the world.
- Founded on 1 April 1918, by the unification of the Royal Naval Air Services and Royal Flying Corps.
- Played a significant role in the British Military History in the Second World War. Motto "Through Adversity to the Stars".
- From 2012, it operated 826 aircraft, making it the largest air force in the European Union, and the second largest in terms of aircraft in NATO, only after United States Air Force.
- The PLAAF is the aviation branch of the People's Liberation Army, the military of the People's Republic of China.
- Official founded on November 11, 1949.
- More than 330,000 personnel and 2500+ aircrafts.
- Largest air force in Asia, and is better known for comprising some of the deadliest self-reliance combat aircrafts.
- After the fall of USSR, Russia became China's principal arm suppliers.
- Today, the Chinese air force consists of lethal approach in the modern arena of air striking.
- In 1933, it was made an independent military arm.
- In the post-World War 2 era, the French made a successful effort to develop a domestic aircraft industry.
- The Mirage demonstrated its abilities in the Gulf War, becoming one of the most popular jet fighters of its day, with a high quality of performance in the battle fields.
- It has about 300 combat aircraft in service.
- It has 234 combat aircraft with the majority being 158 Dassault Mirage 2000 and 59 Dassault Rafale.
- It awaiting the A 400M military transport aircraft which is said to be in the developmental stages.
- Luftwaffe is the aerial warfare branch of the German Armed Forces.
- It was established in 1935, after violating the Treaty of Versailles.
- In the modern era, the United States Government still lends nuclear weapons to Luftwaffe under the NATO nuclear sharing agreement.
- More than 3,400,000 Personnel & 119,871 Aircrafts.
- Most doctrinally advanced and most battle-experienced air forces in the world at the time of World War II.
- In 2005 and 2008, F-4 Phantom fighter planes took part in the Baltic Air Policing operation of NATO.
- Most of the pilots of Luftwaffe are trained either in United States or in Canada.
- The practical training centers are located at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico and Canadian Forces Air Command base at Goose Bay.
- RAAF was created in March 31, 1921.
- It has majorly participated in some of the deadliest conflicts of 20th century, including World War 2.
- It have 13,991 Active personnel, 4,316 Reserve personnel and 275 aircrafts.
- The motto of RAAF is "Through Struggle to the Stars."
- It is credited for immediately implementing the kinetic and non-kinetic air.
- JASDF was established on 1 July 1954.
- One of the sharpest tool, made for the defense-oriented policy of Japan.
- After World War 2, Japan did not have a separate air force.
- It carries out combat air patrols around Japan, while also maintaining an extensive network of ground and air early warning radar systems.
- In 2005, it had an estimate of 45,000 personnel.
- As of 2010, the JASDF operates 805 aircrafts, 424 of being fighter aircrafts.
- The Imperial Japanese Army and Navy were dissolved and replaced by the JSDF with the passing of the 1954 Self Defense Forces Law with the JASDF as the aviation branch.
|1||United States Air Force-America|
|2||Russian Air Force-Russia|
|3||Israeli Air Force-Israel|
|4||Indian Air Force|
|5||Royal Air Force- United Kingdom|
|6||Liberation Army Force-China|
|7||Armee de l'Air-France|
|9||Royal Australian Air Force-Australia|
|10||Japan Air Self-Defense Force-Japan|