Passport is an identity which serves all worldwide and to move to any country you can use this as a source to get your visa. When we talk about getting a passport quickly, then Tatkal passport is a good option. You need to pay a little extra by which you can get the passport quickly. For both new and renewal of existing passports, the Tatkal service is available. While the process of getting a passport issued under the tatkal scheme remains the same more or less, this service is there for only those citizens who have a real reason for getting on urgent grounds.
The jurisdictional passport office has the concluding say for the issuance of a passport under this scheme which depends on the necessity coupled with other convincing factors stated by the applicant. Applicants which fail in stating the right reason in this category cannot apply/reapply for a passport under the Tatkal scheme.
1. Citizens who are given birth by the Indian parents outside India Indian descent
2. Indian citizens who have been given citizenship status on the foundation of naturalization/registration
3. Applicants who have been deported to India from other countries
4. Applicants who have been sending home from a different country at government's cost
5. There is a requirement of the Name change, major
6. The person who is a resident of Jammu & Kashmir and Nagaland
7. Naga origin citizens who are not staying in Nagaland
8. Children which are adopted by Indian and foreign parents
9. Minor children with a single parent
10. Minors who are staying in Nagaland
11. Short passport validity renewal
12. The passport which is lost or stolen
13. Passport injured beyond acknowledgement
14. There is a change in sex or appearance
15. You want to go for a change in personal credentials such as signature
In order to apply for Tatkal Passport, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. First thing you need to do is to register yourself at the official portal of Passport Seva.
2. Every individual will be allotted a unique ID and password. Login with your ID and password.
3. You will be then given two options- Fresh and Re-Issue. Choose the appropriate option.
4. In the scheme type choose the ˜Tatkal' option
5. Next is download the application form and fill the form
6. Now is the submission of the form online. Along with this you need to submit annexure e for tatkal passport.
7. After that you need to go for the payment procedure
8. Now print out the receipt online payment
9. You are left with booking the appointment. Just do it with your nearest Passport Service Kendra
Listed below are the documents required in order to apply for Tatkal Passport
1. Verification Certificate as per Annexure F
2. Election card
3. Service Photo Id Card
4. Certificate of SC/ST/OBC
5. Identity cards of Freedom Fighters
6. Arms License
7. Ration card
8. Property documents
9. Pension documents
10. Railway Photo Identity card
11. PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department
12. Bank passbook
13. Student's Id card from a recognized institution
14. Driving license
15. Birth certificate
16. Gas connection bill
17. Fill the annexure e for the tatkal passport as it is very important.
Thus these are the formalities you need to do for a passport. Other then this you can visit Passport Seva Website for more details.