At 2:00 am, you will be met by a trekker who will accompany you throughout the climb to the top and back.
Adams Peak, There is probably no mountain anywhere more famous than Sri Pada – Adam’s Peak (7362ft/2250m) for non-mountain reasons than this. It is sacred to three religions; to Buddhists the human-foot-shaped hollow on the pinnacle boulder marks one of the personal appearances of the Buddha; the Muslims believe that the depression marks Adam’s expiation of his disobedience by standing there for an age on one foot; to the Hindus, by whom the Peak has been venerated for millennia, its name is Sivan Adi Padham, for it is the Creative Dance of the god Siva that the ‘print’ calls to remembrance. Whichever legend you may believe, this beautiful place has been a pilgrimage centre for over a thousand years.
Another highlight of your visit to Adams peak would be the early morning sunrise. The sunrise produces the famous spectacle of the Shadow of the Peak. The north east winds that blow in the pilgrim season have laid, some thousands of feet below Adam’s Peak, a layer of misty cloud. Over this the sun casts the vast dark triangular shadow of the huge summit pyramid. Its point lies, at first, upon the infinitely distant horizon, then as the sun waxes, races backward, foreshortening the shadow, until it is swallowed altogether in the rock of the peak itself. A less advertised phenomenon (because it usually occurs outside the pilgrim season) is also occasionally to be seen: the even more fantastic spectacle of the so-called ‘Spectre of the Brocken.’ When the cloud layer happens to be vertically rather than horizontally piled, the intruder on the summit terrace of Adam’s Peak occasionally sees before him an enormously magnified image of all upon it – including himself – often encircled by a halo of rainbow hues.
On completion proceed to the hotel. Have breakfast and then proceed directly to the hotel in Colombo.
* transport cost may vary depending upon the no. of persons. * Mentioned prices may vary depending upon date of travel, hotel availability, surge pricing and seasonal rush.
* Payment Terms and Methods
» Terms : Payment Terms
• The payable value does not include any charges other than the cost of your Holiday in Sri Lanka as confirmed.
• All bank charges and any other transaction charges as per the invoice must be borne by the payee.
• In the event the received amount is less than the invoice value, please note that we will require the balance payment by cash or credit card on arrival.
• If you are paying via Telegraphic Transfer, The payment will take up to 5 working days to process, however does not have any additional charges.
• If you are paying by credit card via Paypal, a 4% service cost will be charged on the payable value.
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.