After Break Fast We are all on Arrival kualalupur airport to Langkawi Departure. Seeing All Langkawi Local site. Here are our most favorite 10 attractions in Langkawi.
1. Langkawi Cable Car and the Langkawi Sky Bridge (Pantai Kok, near Burau Bay) This is an awesome ride on a cable car that has the steepest gradient in the world and taking you to the summit of Mount Mat Cincang over a distance of about 2.1kms. You get breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea below along with the scattered islands of Langkawi and the towering peaks. There are two cable car stations with viewing platforms and walking trails. The Sky bridge is another engineering marvel. It's a curved suspension bridge high up in the sky that links the cable car top station with a nearby mountain. If you have the spirit of adventure, take the long flight of steps to reach the bridge, walk over it and appreciate the magical creation as you watch the views all around. You will feel you are on top of the world.
2. Kilim Geo Park and Mangroves (Kilim River, North East end of Langkawi) You will need to take a boat tour to experience Kilim Geo Park which is a nature reserve full of geological formations and spanning across some 100 square km area. It offers stunning sights of gigantic limestone rocks, millions of years old fossils, mangrove swamps, lovely sights of the islands, beaches & lagoons and lot more. As part of this tour, you will also see floating fish farms where you can yourself feed stingrays, and experience other spectacular activities like eagle feeding, monkey feeding etc.
3. Pulau Dayang Bunting & Lake of the Pregnant Maiden (Dayang Bunting Island) There is a wonderful fresh water lake locate at the Dayang Bunting Island which is steeped with legend and surrounded by hills and rainforest in a picturesque setting. The lake is great for swimming and the forests excellent for bird watchers. The island is located offshore in the south of main Langkawi Island and can be easily reached by a boat. There are plenty of boat tours operating out of Pantai Tengah that can drop you to this lovely spot.
4. Underwater World (Pantai Cenang) The 60,000 sq. ft. building houses over 4000 fish and marine creatures and have separate sections for wide range of birds and animals as well. The sections are themed on Tropical Rainforest, Temperate, Sub-Antarctic, Ponds, Corals and so on. There is a 15-meter long tunnel that showcases an array of fish and underwater life in numerous large and small glass tanks that are mostly engraved on the walls. Inside, there are souvenir shops and cafe as well.
5. Eagle Square - Dataran Lang (Kuah Town, South East Langkawi) There is a 12-meter high sculpture of a reddish brown eagle at the square and looking into the open bay. The eagle symbolizes origin of Langawi's name and hence such a statue created at Kuah Town close to the jetty (ferry dock). The view of the waters with backdrop of mountains and ferries plying by is really spectacular.
6. Mahsuri's Tomb & Cultural Center (Padang Matsirat, Jalan Makam Mahsuri) This place has a mausoleum and the tomb of Mahsuri, the legendary folk lady from Langkawi who was falsely accused of adultery by the wife of village chief and was finally sentenced to death. It was her dazzling beauty that led to the jealousy and the false charge. Before her death, Mahsuri cursed the island for seven generations of ill luck which apparently struck the island soon after her death. But fortunately the bad time has now passed. This place, also known as Makam Mahsuri, has evolved as a cultural complex which also has a music theater where folk instruments are played, a large gallery with paintings & models depicting Mahsuri's life story, an audio-video room, a typical Malay house the way it used to be centuries back, souvenir shop, food stalls and more.
7. Galeria Perdana (North East, near Kilim Village, Mukim Air Hangat) This is a plush museum that showcases collections of gifts and awards received by the 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad and his wife. The Prime Minister believed that all his gifts were public properties. The large building with oriental architecture houses many precious items including jewelry, souvenirs, weapons, copper & metallic items, furniture, and even his cars and cycles that have been gifted to the Prime Minister during his tenure of service by foreign delegates, statesmen, well-wishers, friends and guests.
8. Langkawi Craft Complex (North Langkawi, Teluk Yu, Mukim Bohor) Located at the northern part of Langkawi near Shark Bay Beach, this craft complex showcases wide range of art & handicraft craft items reflecting the rich culture and heritage of Malaysia and Langkawi. There are museum sections with exhibits depicting several themes like Heritage, History & Legends etc. There are exclusive collections of forest based products, silk batik, ceramics, brass & silverware and lot more which you can buy from the sales gallery.
9. Pulau Payar Marine Park (An island 30km south of Langkawi) Pulau Payar is an island which is located offshore and 30kms south of the main island. A marine park has been developed in the surrounding water area that also includes few other islands. There are scheduled boat trips taking tourists to the marine park for a day's tour. Other than beautiful scenic settings, you can enjoy swimming at the beaches, snorkeling and even diving amongst Langkawi's best marine life & corals, hand feed the baby sharks, or just relax and sunbathe. The trip includes all gears and lunch.
10. Langkawi Wildlife Park, formerly Bird Paradise (North East, near Kilim Village) Spread across some 5.5 acres of area, this wildlife park (earlier known as the Bird Paradise) is fully covered with roofed pathways. So in sun or rains, you can equally enjoy the park which has over 150 species of animal and bird life. The collection comes from various parts of the world including South Asia, Russia, South America and Malaysia. However, don't expect the large exotic species here. You can interact with the animals during feeding session. All attraction places visit and finishing your dinner and to take rest. 5th day morning then enjoying your honeymoon.