DARJEELING GANGTOK LACHUNG PACKAGE 6 NIGHTS / 7 DAYS DELUXE
Price (per person)
ARRIVE IN DARJEELING
Pick-up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station to be taken to Darjeeling 7100 ft, the “Queen of the hill stations”, its name derived from “Dorje-Line” which means the place of “Dorje”, the mystic thunderbolt. After a very scenic drive thru the mountains, tea gardens, etc. It is an experience of unforgettable beauty. Reach Darjeeling & check in at the hotel. Spend the evening lazing around or walking up to the mall area & a Dinner overnight stay at Darjeeling.
DARJEELING LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
Start the day at 4 am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill 7800 Ft to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kanchenjunga range. On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop, back to the hotel for breakfast. 09:00 AM TO 03:00 PM After breakfast, proceed for a half-day Darjeeling local sightseeing of the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre, Tea Garden outer view & Japanese Temple. Back to the hotel by evening; take a walk to “Chowrasta” the center point of the Mall area. You can do some window shopping & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
DARJEELING TO GANGTOK LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After Breakfast Proceed to Gangtok 3-4hr/100km-the Land of the Pristine and the unspoiled natural beauty of Sikkim, with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in a torrent, and peaceful lakes, a journey of 130kms & takes 5hrs to reach Gangtok, arrive at the hotel & check-in. visit Tashi View Point to view Mt. Khangchendzonga. Situated 8kms from the town, this point offers a breathtaking view of the majestic peak & surrounding hills. Also can be seen are the monasteries at Phodong & Labrang. On the return visit Hanuman Tok 7200 Ft, a temple devoted to Hanuman. From the temple, you can also get a bird’s eye view of the Selep waterworks which supply drinking water to the Gangtok town. Near this temple which is maintained by the Army, is Lukshyama- the royal cremation grounds of the erstwhile royal family of Sikkim. Then go to Ganesh Tok 6500Ft, a temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha which is so small in size that it can hardly accommodate one person & one has to crawl to get inside, The Handicraft & Handloom Showroom, which promotes traditional arts & crafts, a veritable storehouse of exquisite carpets, blankets, shawls in “Lepcha” weaves; The Flower Show, which contains over 200 species of orchids set amidst a beautiful landscape; Do-Drul Chorten Stupa which is one of the most important stupas of Sikkim, built by the head of the Nyingma order- Trullshi Rimpoche in 1945. It contains rare details of Dorji Phupa, Holy Books, and Mantras and is encircled by 108 prayer wheels; The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology built in 1958 in traditional style, is a renowned worldwide center for the study of the Mahayana Buddhist philosophy & religion, a treasure house of rare “Thanks”, statues, over 200 Buddhist icons and prized objects of art & finally Ban Jhakhri Waterfalls, back to the hotel by late afternoon, Overnight stay at Gangtok. Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts & overnight stay at Gangtok.
GANGTOK TO LACHUNG
After breakfast, proceed to Lachung 8610 Ft, a distance of 126 km. On the way stop en-route and enjoy the wonderful locations like Kabi Lungstok 25km from Gangtok where a blood brotherhood was signed between the Lepcha chief, Thekong Tek & the Bhutia chief, Khye Bumsa. The spot where the ceremony took place is marked by a memorial stone pillar amidst the cover of dense forests; Naga Waterfalls; the confluence of Lachen Chu & Lachung Chu at Chungthang- the starting point of the river Teesta. Chungthang is predominantly a Lepcha region, the nodal junction for the two passes- Lachen & Lachung. Stop at the Twin Waterfalls & Bhim Nala Waterfalls before reaching Lachung by 7 pm. Lachung is an exquisite valley town, resplendent in its crown of snow-capped mountains, breathtaking waterfalls & sparkling streams. It has been described as “the most picturesque village of Sikkim” by Joseph Dalton in his ‘Himalayan Journal’ 1855. Check-in at the Hotel & overnight stay at Lachung.
LACHUNG - YAMTHANG VALLEY - GANGTOK
Early morning a fleeting visit to the Lachung Monastery. Return to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast at 8 am Check Out From the Hotel and proceed to Yumthang Valley at 11800 Ft a 23 km drive takes 1. 5hrs. This is where the Tree Line ends & the rhododendron groves cover the landscape in a surreal shade. Also called the Valley of Flowers as in spring wild alpine flowers carpet the land. In winter there is snow all around and the snow-clad mountains add to the ethereal beauty. This place is also known for its Hot Springs which have healing medicinal properties. Return To Gangtok, Check in To the Hotel. Dinner Overnight Stay in Gangtok Hotel
BAGDOGRA AIRPORT/NEW JALPAIGURI STATION DROP
After breakfast, check out from the hotel & proceed to Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station for the onward destination.
- restaurantBreakfast + Dinner
Terms and Conditions
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * 25% advance to be paid for booking of the total tour package cost.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Airfare/Transport fare to be paid full at one time in advance.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Upon cancellation, refund will be made after deducting the Retention Amount.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Refund will be made within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the cancellation.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right Cost Includes:
- keyboard_double_arrow_right • Accommodation on Twin/ Double Sharing Basis.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right • Meal Plan - Breakfast and Dinner at Hotels.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right • Private Non-a/c Vehicle for Transfers & Sightseeings. Please be advised that the vehicle will not be at your disposal & it will be available as per itinerary only on a point-to-point basis.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right • All Permit Fees & Hotel Taxes as per Itinerary.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right • Rates are Valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right Notes:
- keyboard_double_arrow_right •Permit to Nathula Pass Gangtok & Zero Point in Lachung will be payable Extra and Direct.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right •GST is inclusive if in case no GST Invoice is required.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right •Many more options are available & customizable if required.
Tour Package by
Member Since 2010