5 Days New Delhi to Cherrapunjee Beach Tour Package
Price (per person)
Guwahati Airport - Cherrapunjee 190 KM / 5 Hrs Drive
Upon arrival in Guwahati Airport/ Station, drive to Cherrapunjee. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills. Evening free at leisure. Overnight in Cherrapunjee.
After breakfast begin a trek 4 hours return trek to witness nature’s wonder, a Single Decker Living-Root bridge. The Trek begins as you go downhill for 4 km through village Sharat. Major distance is covered with downhill steps and then a walk through a jungle path along the hill. One has to walk through a few steps and a sloping footpath. Behold ! the beauty of the natural wonder… Return to Resort. Overnight in Cherrapunjee.
Gods Own Garden
After early breakfast, check out at 8:00 am and drive to Mwallynong 81 km/ 1. 5 hrs, the cleanest village in Asia, also known as ‘God’s own Garden’. With over 80 households, the village gives the ambiance of walking in a well-maintained park! Climb the 80 ft Sky Walk at Mawlynnong village for a bird’s eye view of the Village, the plantations and faraway plains of Bangladesh. You will also be acquainted to the Khasi lifestyle, their culture, and economy. A trek to the nearby Rewai Village is another interesting activity. Walk down a flight of almost 100 steps to witness nature’s wonder, living-root bridge. The bridges are tangles of massive thick roots, which the local people inter-twine to form a bridge that can hold several people at a time. The root bridges, may be up to over a hundred feet long and take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they become very strong in the process. The bridges live and keep growing and strengthen over time. The useful lifespan of the bridges is thought to be 500–600 years. Later drive to Dawki, a village of the Jaintia community whose prime occupation of fishing. Be mesmerized by the beauty of the Umngot river, the venue of the annual boat race held during March - April at Umsyiem. The Umngot itself is a prime fishing spot for fishermen of the villages. The river is also famous for its crystal clear water, so clear that when seen from a distance, it appears as if the boat is floating in mid-air! The Umngot river is the natural boundary between Ri Pnar or Jaintia Hills with Hima Khyrim of Khasi hills over which is a single span suspension bridge was constructed. This is the gateway to Bangladesh where major export and import transactions take place. Enjoy an amazing country boat river ride. Drive up to the Bangladesh border. Later proceed to Shillong for an overnight stay. Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mwallynong.
Shillong: After breakfast, visit the Elephant Falls, Ward’s Lake, Cathedral of Marry and Golf Course. Optional: Visit Don Bosco Museum Closed on Sundays, National Holidays, Easter, 22nd Dec – 02nd Jan and 2nd & last Monday of December. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
Guwahati Airport Departure
After breakfast transfer to Guwahati Airport.
- restaurantBreakfast + Dinner
Terms and Conditions
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * 100% advance to be paid for booking of the total tour package cost.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Airfare/Transport fare to be paid full at one time in advance.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Upon cancellation, refund will be made after deducting the Retention Amount.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Retention Amount ies as per the number of days left before your package start date.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right * Refund will be made within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the cancellation.
- keyboard_double_arrow_right Shillong :
- keyboard_double_arrow_right Police Bazar | Umiam Lake | Elephant Falls | Ward’s Lake
- keyboard_double_arrow_right All transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary by selected vehicle
- keyboard_double_arrow_right The overhead carrier is not allowed as per Supreme Court orderAll vehicles on a point-to-point basis onlyThe vehicle will not be on disposal & will be available as per itineraryAC will not operate in Hills
- keyboard_double_arrow_right 01 Bottle mineral water per person per dayLocal guide during trekking in Cherrapunjee
- keyboard_double_arrow_right What your tour price does not include?
- keyboard_double_arrow_right Guide chargesEntrance Fees at monuments / museums/ temples etc. Tips and PorterageAny services not mentioned in inclusion list
Tour Package by
Member Since 2016