The new rules for booking Tatkal tickets for IRCTC have confused the minds of people. As it is the beginning of travel season, many people tend to make the booking at the last moment which makes them opt for Tatkal Tickets Online.
Tatkal Ticket is like a blessing for people provided by Indian Railways which does not spoil your fun of traveling even during the peak season. The reservation for railways made through the Tatkal booking scheme around the festive season has been quite a difficult one because of the increasing demand. So to solve this issue the new rules of the Tatkal ticket booking online on the IRCTC website are there which help the travelers to stay calm even when they have unconfirmed PNR status. Given below is the list of rules for IRCTC’s Tatkal ticket for the year 2017.
- When you opt for Tatkal tickets there are no concessions offered to the public. Even for the cancellation of the ticket, there won't be any refund if your ticket is booked through the Tatkal scheme.
- According to the new set of rules, you can cancel your waiting-list or RAC Tatkal ticket up to 30 minutes before your train’s listed time of departure.
- However, if your Tatkal ticket is on the waiting list or RAC and it gets confirmed before the making of the final passenger chart than you won’t be given any kind of refund in case of cancellation.
- For the people who have booked more than one Tatkal ticket and the reservation does not get confirmed, in that case, you can cancel the ticket and get the refund for every single ticket you have booked prior you do it 30 minutes before your train’s scheduled time of departure.
- Refund for the Tatkal Ticket is also there if the train you have booked gets canceled or is more than three hours late. For this, you need to fill a Ticket Deposit Receipt TDR with the reason stated.
- You can also book Tatkal Tickets by not paying the amount at the very same moment. You can make the payment by ePayLater or Pay-on-Delivery schemes. In the case of ePayLater, you are given a 14-day window for paying the amount and for Pay-on-Delivery you need to make the payment once you receive the ticket.
- You should also keep in mind that before you opt for the ePayLater option, make sure you have completed your registration well in advance at later on it requires you to do so at the time of Tatkal booking. Thus this will lead to wastage of time.
Recommended For You
- Top 15 Destinations in India Every Woman Should Visit in 2024
- Unlocking the Valentine Day Dress Code and Colors Meaning
- All you need to know about the Inauguration of Ram Mandir
- Ayodhya beyond Ram Mandir: Hidden Gems and Nearby Attractions
- Ram Janmabhoomi Dispute: Eternal Long Legal Dispute
- The History of Ayodhya Ram Mandir