Welcome to North East (Guwahati). You will be picked up by our representative cum driver at the airport/railway station and drive you to Shillong (Mehgalaya) via NH 40. Meghalaya has rightly earned the sobriquet of "Scotland of the East" owing to the rolling hills, beautiful scenery and climate and proceed to Shillong capital of the state of Meghalaya and home to the Khasi tribe. On the way you will visit the beautiful Umiam Lake, a major tourist attraction located just before entering Shillong.
Here you can do –
• Boating : A leisure boat ride should never be missed at Umiam Lake. The sight of the serene waters of the reservoir, the lush green forests that surround the lake under the enchanting skies is truly exhilarating. Boating is one of the most preferred activities in the region and visitors can choose between Group, Family, Couple and Solo boat rides between 9:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
• Water sports : can satisfy their craving for adventure sports at the Water Sports Complex by the Umiam Lake that has provisions for Solo boating, Angling, Kayaking and Water Skiing. Check into your pre-booked hotel and rest for the night.
After date drive to Cherrapunji Valley. Visit the following sightseeing of Cherrapunjee.
• Nohkalikai Falls : At a height of 340 meters, the Nohkalikai waterfall is the highest waterfall in India..
• Seven Sisters Falls: The Seven Sisters Falls in the East Khasi Hills district is a waterfall to see only during the rainy season.
• Mawsmai Cave: The Mawsmai caves are a major tourist attraction in the heritage town of Cherrapunjee.
• Arwah Cave : The Arwah Cave is another picturesque tourist attraction which you will cover on this 6 days northeast tour. Explore flora and fauna and delight in the scenic beauty.
• Elephant Falls : Delight in the crystal clear water of the Elephant Falls and enjoy nature at its absolute best.
• Shillong Peak : Perched at an altitude of 1965 meters, the Shillong Peak offers a panoramic view of the entire city. Overnight stay at Cherrapunji.
Morning after breakfast check out of the hotel And drive to Shillong- Guwahati
• Cathedral Catholic Church- Cathedral Catholic Church, also known as the Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, is a beautiful shrine located in the heart of Shillong.
• Ward’s lake - It has a beautifully landscape view around the lake, which offers the visitors to enjoy boating here on the placid waters of the lake. Also known as Pollock’s Lake
• Lady Hydari Park - The most important feature and the first thing you’ll notice as you enter this park is that it is designed in a Japanese garden style.
• Don Bosco Museum - Don Bosco Museum in Shillong is a major tourists’ spot providing a glimpse of the rich and multi-cultural lifestyles of the indigenous peoples of North East IndNia.
• Botanical Garden - Botanical Garden is one of the most famous attractions in Shillong. This Botanical garden houses an amazing collection of rare orchids and plantations.
• Police Bazaar - Police Bazaar is a one-stop market for every kind of tourist visiting Shillong. It offers several kinds of opportunities for shopping and entertainment. shopping enthusiasts as well as food lovers. After that proceed to Guwahati.
All payments will be made directly to the selected travel agent and
cancellation will be subject to
the terms of bookings discussed at
the time of making a booking. The terms and conditions of the booking will be shared by the travel agent in advance
]with the final quote, advise you to review the same before making a payment.
* This is only an estimated quote and actual trip cost may vary at the time of purchase as all prices are subject to change without prior notice due to availability, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances.