Day 1 : guwahati-cherrapujee
Welcome to North East (Guwahati). You will be picked up by our representative cum driver at the airport/railway station and drive you to Shillong (Mehgalaya) via NH 40. Meghalaya has rightly earned the sobriquet of "Scotland of the East" owing to the rolling hills, beautiful scenery and climate and proceed to Shillong capital of the state of Meghalaya and home to the Khasi tribe. On the way you will visit the beautiful Umiam Lake, a major tourist attraction located just before entering Shillong.
Here you can do –
• Boating : A leisure boat ride should never be missed at Umiam Lake. The sight of the serene waters of the reservoir, the lush green forests that surround the lake under the enchanting skies is truly exhilarating. Boating is one of the most preferred activities in the region and visitors can choose between Group, Family, Couple and Solo boat rides between 9:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
• Water sports : can satisfy their craving for adventure sports at the Water Sports Complex by the Umiam Lake that has provisions for Solo boating, Angling, Kayaking and Water Skiing. Check into your pre-booked hotel and rest for the night.
After date drive to Cherrapunji Valley. Visit the following sightseeing of Cherrapunjee.
• Nohkalikai Falls : At a height of 340 meters, the Nohkalikai waterfall is the highest waterfall in India..
• Seven Sisters Falls: The Seven Sisters Falls in the East Khasi Hills district is a waterfall to see only during the rainy season.
• Mawsmai Cave: The Mawsmai caves are a major tourist attraction in the heritage town of Cherrapunjee.
• Arwah Cave : The Arwah Cave is another picturesque tourist attraction which you will cover on this 6 days northeast tour. Explore flora and fauna and delight in the scenic beauty.
• Elephant Falls : Delight in the crystal clear water of the Elephant Falls and enjoy nature at its absolute best.
• Shillong Peak : Perched at an altitude of 1965 meters, the Shillong Peak offers a panoramic view of the entire city. Overnight stay at Cherrapunji.