Day 01: pick up from Dhaka Airport and meet our local Guide transfer Hotel.
Pick up at airport, transfer to Sonargaon
• * 1130 hrs transfer to Sonargaon
• * 1230 – 1300: Arrival and Visit Sadar Bari – a beautiful rajbari (palace) built in 1901 inside which is located the Folk Arts and Crafts Musium full of folk arts and handicrafts from the 17th century onwards. We’ll also visit the adjacent new museum building of folk arts. These museums represents the authentic culture and heritage of Bengali nation.
• * 1315 – 1345: Visit abandoned city Panam Nagar. Constructed between 1895 and 1905, this tiny settlement consists of a single street, lined with around 50 mansions built by wealthy Hindu merchants, abandoned during the partition between India and Pakistan when the owners fled to India.
• * 1415 – 1500: Lunch on a local restaurant
• * 1500 - 1530: Visit another gorgeous palace from colonial period and an abandoned Shiva Temple of huge size, and a primary school made of bamboo to see our education system. Consider bringing some pencil for the children to support the poor students.
• * 1600 – 1630: Visit some chars (small islands) in mighty river Meghna by country boat to see traditional life of farmers in Bangladesh, and drive toward Dhaka
• * 1830: Drop at the hotel/residence. End of Bangladesh Old Capital tour.
Day 02: Breakfast in Hotel. Start Full Day city tour of dhaka, transfer to Airport in the evening). Itinerary something like this:
• 08.00 – 08.00 AM: A guide and driver of us will meet you at your hotel/residence to pick you up, and start driving for Old Dhaka immediately.
• 08.30 – 08.45 AM: Visit outside of National Assembly Building (Parliament Building) on the way, which is one of the largest legislative building in the world, designed by the famous US architect Louis Kahn.
• 09.15 – 09.30 AM: Visit Dhakeswari Temple – a state owned Hindu temple which is the religious center of the Hindu community in Dhaka. This is also the national Hindu temple in Bangladesh.
• 09.40 – 09.55 AM: Continue driving and visit Khan Mohammed Mridha Mosque – a beautiful mosque from the Mughal period built on a raised platform.
• 10.00 – 10.45 AM: Walk to (05 minutes) and visit Lalbagh Fort – a beautiful fort from the Mughal period, a key tourist attraction in Dhaka city.
• 10.45 – 12.15 PM: Take a rickshaw and visit Star Mosque – a beautiful mosque fully decorated with stars, and Armenian Church– an orthodox church built by Armenians in Dhaka. Drop at a restaurant in Sadarghat.
• 12.15 – 01.00 PM: Lunch
• 01.00 – 01.45 PM: Visit Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace) – a beautiful and well-maintained palace from the colonial period which was home of the most influential family in Dhaka. This is another most popular tourist spot in Old Dhaka.
• 02.00 – 02.15 PM: Walk to (05 minutes) and visit Sadarghat River Station. This is the main river port in Dhaka and one of the largest river station in South Asia. Passenger ferries leave for southern part of Bangladesh from here to all over Barisal division.
• 02.30 – 03.30 PM: Walk to the boat station (10 minutes) and ride a country boat at river Buriganga. This river is a live and vibrant place full of activities. You’ll see hundreds of country boats crossing people in two side of the river, small vendors selling goods on their boats, passenger and cargo ferries passing by.
• 03.45 – 04.00 PM: Take a short rickshaw ride, and walk in the Hindu Street (Shankharia Bazar). This is a unique place – the center of Hindu culture and community in Old Dhaka – old buildings raised in both side of the street, which is full of jewelers shops, rickshaws, and people.