You will be picked up by our representative cum driver at the airport/railway station and drive to Shillong. Shillong has rightly earned the sobriquet of "Scotland of the East" owing to the rolling hills, beautiful and proceed to Shillong capital of the state of Meghalaya and home to the Khasi tribe. Shillong scenery and climate. On the way you will visit the beautiful Umiam Lake, a major tourist attraction located just before entering Shillong.
Here you can do –
• Boating: A leisure boat ride should never be missed at Umiam Lake. The sight of the serene waters of the reservoir, the lush green forests that surround the lake under the enchanting skies is truly exhilarating. Boating is one of the most preferred activities in the region and visitors can choose between Group, Family, Couple and Solo boat rides between 9:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
• Water sports : can satisfy their craving for adventure sports at the Water Sports Complex by the Umiam Lake that has provisions for Solo boating, Angling, Kayaking and Water Skiing. Evening go for visit
• Cathedral Catholic Church- Cathedral Catholic Church, also known as the Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, is a beautiful shrine located in the heart of Shillong.
• Ward’s lake - It has a beautifully landscape view around the lake, which offers the visitors to enjoy boating here on the placid waters of the lake. Also known as Pollock’s Lake
• Lady Hydari Park - The most important feature and the first thing you’ll notice as you enter this park is that it is designed in a Japanese garden style.
• Don Bosco Museum - Don Bosco Museum in Shillong is a major tourists’ spot providing a glimpse of the rich and multi-cultural lifestyles of the indigenous peoples of North East India.
• Botanical Garden - Botanical Garden is one of the most famous attractions in Shillong. This Botanical garden houses an amazing collection of rare orchids and plantations. Overnight stay at Shillong
Then proceed to Juwai , on the way Visit Tryshi Falls, Krang Suri Water Falls and can visit Jarain Pitcher Plant Lake where you can enjoy boating with a view of carnivorous pitcher plant. Surrounded by the fascinating carnivorous pitcher plants, boat rides in this lake are a great experience. The plants, spread over 50,000 sq. m proves to be a unique sight for all. Then process to Shillong over night stay
Latium canyon - It is one of the eco destinations in Shillong This place is remarkable due to its natural environmental formation. Perched at great heights, it is in fact the edge of a hill which is surrounded by green hills and valleys. The view of grassy plus rocky hills all around and tiny villages far below is really magnificent. Walking down to the valley via an uneven rock Path is rather easy; however the climb uphill is a bit tedious. Laitlum Canyons is not at all crowded and commercialized like other tourist places and is best suited for a secluded and peaceful break from the usual hustle bustle of city life. It is absolutely a paradise for trekkers and nature lovers.
After a refreshing morning, take your breakfast and drive from Shillong to
• Dawki and river Umgnot, with pictures of crystal clear waters popular in the social media. You can have a bath over here, enjoy local boating and if you are a fish lover than can have can have a taste of Dawki’s fish at nearby food court.
• Mawlynnong- A picturesque village located in East Khasi Hills along the India-Bangladesh border. Declared as the cleanest village in Asia by Discover India magazine in 2003, the modestly existing Mawlynnong has alternatively been known as ’God’s own garden’ too go for a short trek of the village and see the Khasi way of life and meet the locals. You can visit Balancing Rock, Sky Walk, Bangladesh View point and the longest Living Root and overnight stay at Shillong
Morning after breakfast Drive to Cherrapunji Valley. On the way you can visit the following sightseeing of Cherrapunji.
• Elephant Falls: Delight in the crystal clear water of the Elephant Falls and enjoy nature at its absolute best.
• Shillong Peak: Perched at an altitude of 1965 meters, the Shillong Peak offers a panoramic view of the entire city.
• Nohkalikai Falls: At a height of 340 meters, the Nohkalikai waterfall is the highest waterfall in India..
• Seven Sisters Falls: The Seven Sisters Falls in the East Khasi Hills district is a waterfall to see only during the rainy season.
• Mawsmai Cave: The Mawsmai caves are a major tourist attraction in the heritage town of Cherrapunji.
• Arwah Cave: The Arwah Cave is another picturesque tourist attraction which you will cover on this 6 days northeast tour. Explore flora and fauna and delight in the scenic beauty. Overnight stay at Cherrapunji.
Today early morning after breakfast check out of the Hotel go to visit:
• Police Bazaar - Police Bazaar is a one-stop market for every kind of tourist visiting Shillong. It offers several kinds of opportunities for shopping and entertainment. There are facilities for leisure seekers, shopping enthusiasts as well as food lovers.
Then directly move on towards Guwahati with some pleasant memories in your mind for your onward journey to home