An immigrant visa is the type of visa which is issued to an individual who permanently wants to settle in US. If an individual wants to immigrate in US, before applying for the Immigrant visa you should get your petition approved by the USCIS and the petition can be filed by the employer or the relative in the office of USCIS in Unites States.
A non-immigrant visa is issued to an individual who is a citizen of another country, yet wishes to be in the U.S. for reasons like travel, business, medical treatments, Higher studies, Tourism.
The DS-160 is the Online Non-immigrant Visa Application form. It is submitted electronically to the official site of the Department of State through the net. Consular Officers uses the data entered on the DS-160 form to process the visa application and, have an individual meeting with the applicant and then, decide the candidate's qualification for a non-immigrant visa.
The link for the Non-Immigrant Visa Application form DS-160:
1. For Non-immigrant Visa candidates:
Make sure that you check whether your country qualifies for the Visa Waiver Program. The Visa Waiver Program VWP empowers nationals of specific nations to venture out to the United States for various reasons like tourism, official purpose, business for 90 days or less without getting a visa. Not all countries take part in Visa Waiver Program, and still not all travellers from Visa waiver Program nations are qualified to utilize the program there are some exemptions also. You can find further details in the site mentioned below:
2. The second stage is to complete the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application form. Please make sure that you go through the guidelines before completing the application Form. All the information entered must be valid and correct. At the point when the form is presented, you can't make any corrections. On the off chance that you need help, you can contact immigration legal advisor or interpreter. You will require your DS-160 number to make your appointment.
3. Once you have chosen the correct visa type and completed the application form, you should make your visa fee payment for the visa cost. The visa fee will be determined by the type of visa that you have applied for.
4. You are now prepared to schedule your appointment for visa. Login to your profile with the details you used to make payment for your visa charge. Tap on Schedule Appointment on left side menu on the log in page and this will begin the procedure for booking your appointment.
- You should plan two appointments one with the Visa Centre and one with the embassy for the visa interview. This will help you to reach the five Visa Application Centre areas to get your photos and fingerprints taken.
- Second, plan your visa interview at the Consulate.
- Data’s to plan your appointment:
i visa application charge receipt number.
ii The Number of your passport
iiiThe ten-digit identification number of your application
- As you experience the procedure you will have the. Option to choose your visa type, enter individual information, include wards, select your delivery area, affirm visa payments, and calendar your appointment.
5. You should bring these details for appointment at your Visa Application Centre:
i Your Appointment affirmation page.
ii One photo according to U.S. visa particulars if the candidate is under 14 years old.
iii DS-160 affirmation page.
iv To travel to US you need a passport which have a validity of at least 6 months
6. Following your visit to the Visa Application Centre to have your photograph and fingerprints taken. The documents needed when you visit US Embassy for your interview:
i Supporting Documents according to your visa type
ii A printed duplicate of your appointment affirmation letter,
iii Your passport,
iv Your DS-160 affirmation page stepped at the VAC
Applications without these things won't be acknowledged.
Once you have got the interview date and time from the embassy, you should be present there on the correct date and time of your appointment. If you are not turning up on your appointment time then you cannot go in for the interview. And don’t forget to bring all the documents which is needed for the type of visa that you have applied for along with the appointment letter