1. Now the passengers will be able to change the boarding station without any hassle. If you have selected the boarding station while booking the tickets and now that needs to be changed one can do that easily just 4 hours before before the boarding time from the 1st of May.
2. Earlier if you needed to change the boarding station you had to make a request 24 hours prior to the boarding time. Now it has reduced to 4 hours which is so convenient and time saving for the passengers.
3. Also you don’t need to visit the counter in order to raise the request. You can easily do that online or call on the customer care number 139 to get the boarding station changed.
4. Currently while selecting the boarding station during the ticket booking the station cannot be changed however this won’t be the case from 1st of May.
1. However there is a condition while changing the boarding destination once the ticket is booked.
2. Railways have d that refund cannot happen on these tickets once the boarding destination has been changed and then if the passenger cancels the ticket.
3. If the boarding destination of the journey is changed by the passenger, the money refund will not happen on the cancellation.
According to the new regulations of the IRCTC, passengers will definitely have an even comfortable and hassle free travel experience. IRCTC has always believed to provide us with the wonderful services and cater to the consumer’s services. We appreciate the initiative by the Railways and hope to continue enjoying the wonderful journey with IRCTC.