Parents get desperate the moment they learn their child is not like other children and their born child is a – differently-abled child. Parents have to realize that every other child ‘Gift of God’ and once they accept the fact it is quite easy for them to upbring their child. Travelling, in general, is indeed a hectic task, to make their travel hassle-free, here are a few points that can be kept in mind:
1. Plan ahead - No matter what your child's disability is, if you're travelling with a special-needs child, be prepared for the worst — an unanticipated delay or even a sudden cancellation.
2. Explore Alternatives - When planning a trip, parents can be choosy and explore and try to find out different-different options related to the destination they are planning to travel and will their child be comfortable during the journey etc.
3. Basic Things - Keep basic things handy during your journey that will be needed by your child to be comfortable.
4. Attendant - Arrange for an attendant if needed, who can skillfully handle the child during the journey.
5. Carry Medicines - Ensure to carry medicines, medical certificate, doctor’s prescription which may be needed during your travel period.
6. Ramps - Look for ramps if your child uses a wheelchair so that, he is not barred from travelling to places where you are going.
7. Expel Frustration - A parent’s job is not trouble-free. At times out of frustration, a parent may feel that his / her life is getting occupied taking care of and fulfilling his / her child’s needs. But remember dear parent they are your child and what they want from you is just unconditional love.