- The set of primary objectives for TAAI has been clearly mentioned as:
- Apply superior technical skills to the job on hand.
- Deliver the highest quality of service.
- Act with responsibility within sound financial parameters.
- Build trust and credibility in the marketplace.
Who can be its Member
- The membership spot of TAAI is multi-faceted with Active, Allied and Associate members comprising of IATA accredited Travel Agencies, Airlines and General Sales Agencies, Hotels and Tour operators.
- The membership criteria for each category differs as the Active members (travel agent) need to be an IATA Agent; whereas the Inbound Tour Operators must be recognized by the Department of Tourism, Government of India.
TAAI is very much aware of the unprecedented pace in which the travel industry is growing. Therefore, to keep a check on any unethical practices by the member agencies, TAAI has got a strict Code of Ethics that sets certain parameters for the members. These norms ask the travel agents and tour operators to maintain an honest and clear relation with the travellers with proper information on deals, schemes and monetary issues. Apart from the rapport with the travellers, TAAI makes sure that the members keep the spirit up with the Fellow Members and other Travel Agents.